Wednesday 15 April 2020

37. CARNAGE ENSUES....

Heres the motor I was planning on using a1980 CX500E.
Its gunna need a bit of work or so I found out upon its disemboweling.
First up it needed 3x helicoils as a previous neanderthal had left his
One 1980 CX500E motor

Oven cleaner applied

Helicoiling 2

Helicoiling
mark's.... then I discovered the casting around one of the exhaust studs had been broken off.
Delving further into this trainwreck I found the remains of one of the big end shells floating about.
Looking closer I discovered one of Hondas very rare stepped crankshaft journals...
CX500s are prone to cam chain/ tensioner failure & this motor was no exception.Then I surveyed the rocker shafts only to find extreme wear on their undersides. Using this motor is gunna mean $$$$.

No comments:

Post a Comment